Property Distribution

Property Distribution Attorneys With The Skills And Experience To Fight For You

At Most & Schneid, P.C., we are committed to fighting to get you a fair property distribution. When you first meet with us we will discuss your assets and explain how property is distributed pursuant to New York law and potential outcomes.

In New York, marital property is equitably divided in a process known as equitable distribution. In New York, property is divided fairly which does not necessarily mean equally. In many cases, dividing the property in half is fair. In other cases, factors such as each spouse’s contribution to the marriage, income, and separate property, may warrant an unequal distribution of assets. You can rely on our experience to shepherd you through the property distribution process and fight for a fair settlement or a successful outcome at trial.

When determining how to divide assets, the Court must equitably divide marital property while separate property will remain separate. Marital property is property acquired during the marriage and is subject to division. Separate property includes property acquired prior to the marriage, inherited, received as a gift, proceeds of a personal injury settlement, or property described as separate property by written agreement. Separate property is not subject to division. While the determination of what is separate property may seem straightforward, it is actually complicated and subject to numerous exceptions. You can count on our experience, skill and strength to fight for your property distribution rights.

We genuinely care about you and your legal issues and want you to have the smoothest experience possible while going through such an emotionally charged time. Contact our office if you are in need of a highly dedicated, experienced, and professional Family and Matrimonial Lawyer.

Contact Our Law Firm

We are devoted to getting you the best possible results from your case. If you would like to speak to an attorney, You can also always email us by going to our Contact us page.

Click to Call Us Now